Mark 1.15-20: The Kingdom of God has come near
- Jesus arrives announcing God’s rescue mission. He is the one who will set the world right.
- He uses familiar words for his Jewish audience: the Kingdom of God has come near!
- The Kingdom of God is God’s generous rule, that is now available to everyone through Jesus.
- ‘Repent’ means ‘change your way of thinking’.
- Bring your life under God’s generous rule by submitting to Jesus the King.
- Reorganise your life around the claims of Jesus and join his mission to rescue the world.
- Jesus is who he claims to be – God’s deliverer sent to rescue the world.
- His death on the cross defeated Satan, the ruler of this present evil age.
- God raised Jesus from the dead proving his Lordship over the world.
- God’s generous rule is freely available to everyone by simple confidence in Jesus.
Mark 1.16-20 “Come follow me and I will make you fishers of men”
Jesus calls his followers to join him on his mission to the world.